The Sunshine Blogger Award
Guys, I got nominated for another award! =D A new chapter was supposed to come out first, but I’m too giddy. Hehe. Thank you, blamsart, for nominating me!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers from other bloggers. It is a beautiful way to share all the amazing things other bloggers do and write about. To recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Well, let’s get right to it then, shall we?
Questions from Blamsart
1. Fav song! Right now! I want to discover more
Songs don’t stay in my head long, but I do have a passion for good soundtracks. Do you know the soundtracks from the games “Journey” and “Ori and the Blind Forest”?
2. How’d you come up with the title/last name of your story?
The cold truth? I can’t remember. 0.o I started this story years and years ago, when I was still in high school. I’m about to start my last year of college now and I can’t for the life of me remember what compelled me to pick this title, besides that it matched the overall storyline of what I had in mind. Picking a title is somewhat of a weakness of mine- I can never think of one until well into the writing process. Hell, I once finished an entire story without thinking of a title to call it. xD
3. How much space does sims storytelling take up in your life?
Not as much the storytelling as the picture preparations. As the generations progressed, I realized that The Sims 3 restricted my ideas for picture taking more and more, and had to download a ton of mods and other things in order to do it anyway. That causes my game to freeze and crash, which inevitably calls for a reïnstall and… you get the picture.
4. Are you sometimes afraid your next hiatus could be your last?
5. Favorite type of romance to write?
No preference. If anything the romances that aren’t just romance stories but something more.
6. Any deep dark fears? Like afraid of lightning or water?
I’m scared to death of the open sea. You know that scene in Finding Nemo, where Marlin and Dory get lost and when they look around, there’s blue everywhere and they can’t see further than a meter away? That. *shudders*
7. Are you the type to run away from danger or towards it?
That would depend on the danger. If a child or someone I care about is in said danger, then towards it. In any other situation, I’d probably run away.
8. Do you have any characters that represent who you want to be? Or wanted to be at some point?
Strangely… no. Characters to me are a very real thing, not just a personality you can try and adopt. Plus I am pretty satisfied with myself, and on a deep level always have been. So there’s no need to want to be someone else. Sure, I’d like to be able to fly or have those awesome super powers you see everyone having on TV-shows lately, but I wouldn’t want to change me.
9. Take one of your characters. Pick randomly! Got them? Okay drop them in a pit of snakes (venom or not? no one knows). What’s their reaction?
I’ll pick one from this story, so people can relate.
*spins mental roulette wheel*
Ethan, from Micah’s generation.
“WHY? Why me?! My time was TWO GENERATIONS AGO!”
Hey, they said pick randomly. Sorry, dude.
Ethan is a pretty smart lad, but not very strong physically. He’ll be able to keep his cool if there is an obvious way out. If the pit is climbable and not too deep, he’ll be fine. If not, he’ll panic, agitate the snakes and probably die.
What is with this question? xD
10. Have you ever watched a movie and gone – “oh that gives me a really great idea for my story…”. If the answer was YES, what movie? And what idea?
I can’t exactly remember which movie it was, but I was having trouble with Raven’s crew’s escape during her generation. They couldn’t just end her story arc, then go happily back to the military like nothing happened. Then I saw someone fake their death in a movie, and realized that letting them do the same was the solution to my dilemma. Though in the movie it was by saving up her own blood, not an explosion.
11. The ultimate question…Patch 1.67 or 1.69? Did you feel the disturbance?
1.69, as my game was foolishly set to update automatically… with all the consequences you can think of. >.<
Next up, the nominees!
As I’ve been on hiatus for quite a while, I’ve unfortunately lost sight of most of the simming stories out there. So this list will be quite a bit shorter than supposed to for this award. If you know of any good stories out there, do let me know. I’m eager to see more. ^^
Questions from me
- Do you remember the first big story you wrote? If yes, what was it?
- What is generally the hardest for you to write? A story’s beginning, middle or end?
- How do you come up with your character concepts?
- Have you ever tried to write a certain character or story chapter only to have it take on a life of its own and end up completely different than what you intended?
- Do you think people can understand one another through stories?
- What is the genre that you dislike the most/like the least?
- Do you have control over your dreams, or not?
- Any deep dark fears? Being afraid of lightning or water, for example?
- Imagine you have to play hide-and-seek with a monster. Would you hide, or seek?
- If you could have any character from any of your previous stories come to life and enter this world, which one do you want to come to life the LEAST? Why?
- And the single, most important one out of them all: apple pie or cheesecake?
Again, if you know a good story out there to read, do give me a shout-out. If it’s your own story then all the more. ^^
Good simming to you all!